What kind of support does Divine Child provide beyond the normal school day?
Many students receive daily academic support through the tireless work of our five counselors and the committed effort of our Bernardine Franciscan Learning Center (BFLC) staff. The BFLC is open ten hours a day, six days a week, eleven months of the year.
- Mr. Murphy offers math help from 7:00 to 7:40 a.m. every weekday morning.
Academic and Vocational Support
- Mr. Danielson-François and Mr. Hermann offer academic and vocational support every lunch hour.
- Mr. Danielson-François, Mr. Dickie, and Mrs. Higgins-Luthman support student success after school from 3:30 to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday.
- Mr. Danielson-François, Mr. Dixon, Mrs. Apostolovski, Mrs. Faletti, and Ms. Gernand offer standardized test prep every Saturday morning.
- Students who suffer from test anxiety particularly benefit from these outreach efforts. We had one third of the class of 2012 score 27 or above on the ACT, which places these Falcons in the top 13% nationally.