Divine Child High School is proud to host a variety of Summer Enrichment Camps and Summer Youth Athletic Camps for students from the elementary level through incoming ninth graders. This is a great opportunity to get to know our facilities, our programs, and our dedicated staff.
- Basketball Camp – Boys: June 19 – 21 (for students entering grades 4 – 9)
- Basketball Camp – Girls: July 18 – 20 (for students entering grades 4- 9)
- Cheer Camp: June 27 – 29 (for students entering grades 2- 8)
- Football Camp: June 12 – 14 (for students entering grades 3 – 8)
- Lacrosse Camp: June 22 – 24 (for students entering grades 4 – 9)
- Softball Camp: June 19 – 21 (for students entering grades 4 – 9)
- Soccer Camp – Boys & Girls: July 27 – 29 (for students entering grades 4 – 9)
- Track & Field Meets: Select Wednesday nights (all ages and abilities). Click here for detailed Track and Field Series information.
- Volleyball Camp: June 27 – 29 (for students entering grades 3 – 9)
Click here for more information regarding our Summer Athletic Camps.
Summer Enrichment Camps
- Art Camp: August 1 – 4 and 7 – 11 (for students entering grades 7 – 9)
- Debate Camp: June 26 – 30 (for students entering grades 6 – 9)
- Leadership Camp: August 7 – 11 (for students entering our Class of 2021)
- Musicale Theatre Camp: June 19 – 23 and 26 – 30 (for students entering grades 4 – 12)
- NOTE: Camp performances are June 29, 30 and July 1. Students enrolling in this camp must be available for evening performances on these dates.
- Rocketry: June 26 – 30 (for students entering grades 6 – 9)
Click here for more information regarding our Summer Enrichment Camps.
Dear Divine Child Community,
Thank you to the over 500 attendees at our official Blessing and Groundbreaking Ceremony for the Divine Child Alumni Athletic Complex. Please VIEW THE VIDEO LINK HERE of the field and future needs on the campus.
Our Capital Campaign committee is hard at work to secure additional funds in order to complete the athletic complex by the fall. Our immediate need is $180,000 for lights so that our CYO and High School Falcons can play under stadium lighting and fully utilize the complex during the evenings. If you have considered donating to this project, now is the time. Your donation would enable us to purchase and install the lights this summer. Please click here, Investing in Excellence, to donate online or for more information.
Also, a few Naming and Recognition Opportunities still exist for the athletic complex. This is a great opportunity to come together as a graduating class, family, or organization and leave your legacy in this state-of-the-art facility. If you are interested in any of these opportunities, please contact the Advancement Office today at 313.216.0893.
Thank you for your continued support!
Bryan Rizzo, Director of Athletics for Madonna University, has been named the next Athletic Director at Divine Child High School, Principal Damian Hermann announced today.
Correction: Mr. Rizzo spent nearly 22 years at Madonna University, not 16 as initial release stated.
For full details, see Press Release below:
Madonna University News Release
Dear Alumni and Friends of Divine Child,
Alumni should have received a letter and the most recent update on the Investing in Excellence Capital Campaign. We have much to be proud of since the launch of this initiative. To date, over $2,136,000 has been committed of the $6,000,000 goal to support the three phases of capital improvements.
- Phase 1 (COMPLETED!): High School Auditorium renovations with 598 new seats, stage floor and more. And, upgrades to the Elementary School in preparation for Phase 2, including locker rooms, youth ministry room and multi-function area.
- Phase 2: Outdoor athletic complex including a multi-purpose synthetic playing surface, seating for 1900, locker rooms, restrooms, lighting, eight-lane running track, long jump, pole vault, discus and shot-put circles.
DONATE TODAY in order to begin construction in the Spring of 2016!
- Phase 3: High School and Elementary School Science Classroom renovations.
For all of the latest information and to make a donation before year-end, please visit the Investing in Excellence website or call 313.216.0891.
Outdoor Activity Complex
New for the 2015-16 School Year
The Falcon Athletic Club!
WHAT IS THE FALCON ATHLETIC CLUB?
The Falcon Athletic Club is a new organization established to provide additional support to Divine Child High School’s more than 50 athletic teams and nearly 600 student-athletes who participate each year. Our goal is simple—to create an active and involved membership focused on supporting all Divine Child High School athletics. Membership to the Club is open to all parents, fans and community supporters of DC student-athletes.
In addition to the many benefits of membership you will receive by joining the Falcon Athletic Club, you can make a tangible difference in the lives of our DC Falcon student-athletes.
Become a Falcon Athletic Club Member or Sponsor.
Please direct all questions and inquiries to the following Falcon Athletic Club Board Members:
Mike Prevost ’77, President, email@example.com
Dave Cinzori ’84, Vice President & Membership Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org