Please join us for this historic event and be a part of the excitement as we celebrate with family and friends of the Divine Child community.
- A prayer and blessing of the complex.
- Representatives from EVERY current and graduating class from 1962 to 2029.
- A rally towel for attendees with cheers coordinated by our DC Cheer Team and Marching Band.
- Food, facepainting, a live Falcon and fun.
- An inaugural “first-run” on the track at half-time and participation in the “human football tunnel” for those who purchased at the Gala and Auction.
- An exciting half-time performance by the DC Marching Band.
For more information about the Capital Campaign, please visit Investing in Excellence.org.
Let us join together to celebrate this momentous occasion in the history of Divine Child Parish and Schools! We look forward to celebrating with you!
Fr. Jim Bilot, Pastor
and the Advancement Office
Tony DeMare was honored on June 13 at the Catholic High School League Hall of Fame for Ed Lauer Person-of-the-Year Award. Tony is one of the select few who have excelled in all 3 areas–for his coaching ability, his accomplishments as an Athletic Director for Divine Child High School and for his dedication to the Catholic League.
For over three decades, the Catholic League has carried on a tradition started by former League Director Walt Bazylewicz in 1983 of honoring a person of the year – the Ed Lauer Award named for the legendary basketball coach at Grosse Pointe St. Paul. The first recipients were men of great service to the league – Jack Carroll of Servite the first and Bill Boulus the 2nd who was the Prep Bowl Coordinator and died suddenly on the eve of the Prep Bowl. Of the 31 honorees, some have been coaches (22) and/or Athletic Directors (9) and some just dedicated servants of the Detroit Catholic League (Cardinal Adam Madia and Sr. Fran Nardony, Superintendent of AOD Schools).
Dear Divine Child Community,
Thank you to the over 500 attendees at our official Blessing and Groundbreaking Ceremony for the Divine Child Alumni Athletic Complex. Please VIEW THE VIDEO LINK HERE of the field and future needs on the campus.
Our Capital Campaign committee is hard at work to secure additional funds in order to complete the athletic complex by the fall. Our immediate need is $180,000 for lights so that our CYO and High School Falcons can play under stadium lighting and fully utilize the complex during the evenings. If you have considered donating to this project, now is the time. Your donation would enable us to purchase and install the lights this summer. Please click here, Investing in Excellence, to donate online or for more information.
Also, a few Naming and Recognition Opportunities still exist for the athletic complex. This is a great opportunity to come together as a graduating class, family, or organization and leave your legacy in this state-of-the-art facility. If you are interested in any of these opportunities, please contact the Advancement Office today at 313.216.0893.
Thank you for your continued support!
Bryan Rizzo, Director of Athletics for Madonna University, has been named the next Athletic Director at Divine Child High School, Principal Damian Hermann announced today.
Correction: Mr. Rizzo spent nearly 22 years at Madonna University, not 16 as initial release stated.
For full details, see Press Release below:
Dear Alumni and Friends of Divine Child,
Alumni should have received a letter and the most recent update on the Investing in Excellence Capital Campaign. We have much to be proud of since the launch of this initiative. To date, over $2,136,000 has been committed of the $6,000,000 goal to support the three phases of capital improvements.
- Phase 1 (COMPLETED!): High School Auditorium renovations with 598 new seats, stage floor and more. And, upgrades to the Elementary School in preparation for Phase 2, including locker rooms, youth ministry room and multi-function area.
- Phase 2: Outdoor athletic complex including a multi-purpose synthetic playing surface, seating for 1900, locker rooms, restrooms, lighting, eight-lane running track, long jump, pole vault, discus and shot-put circles.
DONATE TODAY in order to begin construction in the Spring of 2016!
- Phase 3: High School and Elementary School Science Classroom renovations.
For all of the latest information and to make a donation before year-end, please visit the Investing in Excellence website or call 313.216.0891.
Divine Child Varsity Club Spirit Wear is now available to order on-line. You can’t find these designs anywhere else so order yours today!