2015-2016 High School Tuition Rates
- In-Parish rate: $6,700 per student
- Out-of-Parish rate: $8,100 per student
Registration & Academic Fees (non-refundable)
- Registration fee: $375 per student if paid within three weeks of acceptance; $475 if paid after that date
- iPad fee: approximately $579 per student, paid freshman year only
- iPad Textbook download fees: approximately $175 per student per year (Classes of 2018 and 2019)
- Textbooks: approximately $300 – $600 per student (Classes of 2016 and 2017)
- Senior fee: $250 per student, payable senior year only
There are four tuition payment options:
- Full payment of tuition by May 1.
- 50% payment due May 1, and 50% due August 1.
- 50% payment due May 1, and the remaining 50% paid through our FACTS monthly payment program. Monthly payments would be made August through April.
- 33% payment due May 1, 33% due August 1, and the remaining 34% paid through our FACTS monthly payment program. Monthly payments would be paid September through April.
Sending a son or daughter to a Catholic school is an investment in your child’s future, and a financial sacrifice for some families. Parental involvement and assistance in the Parent Support Organization fundraisers and other activities helps in keeping school tuition costs down. Because of the generosity of Church of the Divine Child parishioners, our tuition is between $2,000 and $4,000 less than most private, Catholic high schools in the metro area.
Click here to view Catholic High School Comparisons for the 2013/2014 Academic Year.
In addition to the registration fee, all incoming freshman purchase an iPad from DCHS – the iPad fee is $579. Families will likely realize an annual savings of $150 – $250 in textbook costs by having textbooks downloaded to an iPad. Seniors pay a Senior Fee of $250. Some activities, including Band and Athletics, may require participation and uniform fees.
Divine Child High School offers the following academic scholarships to incoming freshmen:
The top ten incoming freshmen, based on November or December High School Placement Test results, are invited each year to compete for a four-year full tuition scholarship. Students are asked to submit an essay and interview with the selection board. Two freshmen are selected for this scholarship each year.
The top five incoming freshmen, based on November or December High School Placement Test results, whose parent or parents are Divine Child High School alumni are invited each year to compete for a four-year tuition assistance scholarship equal to $3,000 per year. Students are asked to interview with the selection board. Two freshmen will be selected for this scholarship each year. The scholarship is renewable if the studet maintains an “A” average each year.
Students whose composite score is between the 90th and 99th percentile on the November or December High School Placement Test are eligible for merit scholarships. These awards are $750 – $1,250 and are based on HSPT scores and academic grades from 7th and 8th grades. Academic scholarships are renewable if a student maintains Honor Roll status.
Divine Child’s Alumni Association awards select students with a $500 award based on grades and November or December High School Placement Test scores. These awards are for freshman year only.
Need-Based Tuition Assistance
Divine Child High School works with the Archdiocese of Detroit to offer grants to incoming Catholic students. Families who are interested in this grant should complete the Private School Aid Service (PSAS) each year. The Archdiocese of Detroit notifies families who qualify for the grants in July, and Divine Child High School will apply the grant to your child’s tuition. Please visit the Archdiocese of Detroit website at www.aod.org for more information. Forms are available after February 1, and forms must be completed and submitted by Tuesday, April 7, 2015.