2016-2017 High School Tuition Rates
- In-Parish rate: $6,950 per student
- Out-of-Parish rate: $8,400 per student
Registration & Academic Fees (non-refundable)
- Registration fee: $425 per student
- iPad fee: $499 if purchasing an iPad Air 2; $729 if purchasing an iPad Pro. Either of these iPads can be used by the Class of 2020. The iPad Pro will be required for the Class of 2021.
- iPad Textbook download fees: approximately $130 – $175 per student per year (Classes of 2018, 2019 and 2020)
- Textbooks: approximately $400 – $600 per student (Class of 2017)
- Senior fee: $250 per student, payable senior year only
There are three tuition payment options:
- Full payment of tuition by May 2 or three weeks after acceptance.
- 50% payment due May 2 or three weeks after acceptance, and 50% due August 1.
- 50% payment due May 2 or three weeks after acceptance, and the remaining 50% paid through our FACTS monthly payment program. Monthly payments would be made over eight, nine or ten months with the final payment due in April.
Sending a son or daughter to a Catholic school is an investment in your child’s future, and a financial sacrifice for some families. Parental involvement and assistance in the Parent Support Organization fundraisers and other activities helps in keeping school tuition costs down. Because of the generosity of Church of the Divine Child parishioners, our tuition is between $2,000 and $4,000 less than most private, Catholic high schools in the metro area.
If a family cannot pay the first 50% of tuition by May 2, then the parents should contact Matt Saxer, Director of Admissions, at 313.216.0891 x268. The family would sign a revised tuition agreement with a revised amount due in May (e.g., 25% or 33% of tuition due for the first payment with the remainder paid monthly on FACTS). We want to work with families to ensure they have a payment plan that is agreeable to both the school and the family.
Divine Child High School offers the following academic scholarships to incoming freshmen:
The top ten incoming freshmen, based on November or December High School Placement Test results, are invited each year to compete for a four-year full tuition scholarship. Students are asked to submit an essay and interview with the selection board. Two freshmen are selected for this scholarship each year. The scholarship is renewable if the student maintains an “A” average each year.
The top five incoming freshmen, based on November or December High School Placement Test results, whose parent or parents are Divine Child High School alumni are invited each year to compete for a four-year tuition assistance scholarship equal to $3,000 per year. Students are asked to interview with the selection board. Two freshmen will be selected for this scholarship each year. The scholarship is renewable if the student maintains an “A” average each year.
Students whose composite score is between the 90th and 99th percentile on the November or December High School Placement Test are eligible for merit scholarships. These awards are $750 – $1,250 and are based on HSPT scores and academic grades from 7th and 8th grades. Academic scholarships are renewable if a student maintains Honor Roll status.
Divine Child’s Alumni Association awards select students with a $500 award based on grades and November or December High School Placement Test scores. These awards are for freshman year only.
Need-Based Tuition Assistance
Divine Child High School works with the Archdiocese of Detroit to offer $500 grants to incoming Catholic students. Families who are interested in this grant should complete the Private School Aid Service (PSAS) each year. The Archdiocese of Detroit notifies families who qualify for the grants in July, and Divine Child High School will apply the grant to your child’s tuition. Please visit the Archdiocese of Detroit website for more information. Forms must be completed and submitted by April 1 each year.