Tuition

2017-2018 High School Tuition Rates

    • In-Parish rate: $7,100 per student
    • Out-of-Parish rate: $8,600 per student

Registration & Academic Fees (non-refundable)

    • Annual registration fee: $425
    • iPad Pro fee: $729 ($100 deposit due in late March), first year students only.
    • iPad Textbook download fees: $150 – $200 per student per year.
    • Senior fee: $250 per student, payable senior year only.

There are three tuition payment options:

    • Full payment of tuition in May.
    • 50% payment due in May, and 50% due in August.
    • 30% payment due in May, and the remaining 70% paid monthly from July through April.
    • NEW for 2017-2018: All tuition payments will be process through FACTS.

Sending a son or daughter to a Catholic school is an investment in your child’s future, and a financial sacrifice for some families. Parental involvement and assistance in the Parent Support Organization fundraisers and other activities helps in keeping school tuition costs down.  Because of the generosity of Church of the Divine Child parishioners, our tuition is between $2,000 and $4,000 less than most private, Catholic high schools in the metro area.

Academic Scholarships

Divine Child High School offers the following academic scholarships to incoming freshmen:

Falcon Scholar

The top ten incoming freshmen, based on November or December High School Placement Test results, are invited each year to compete for a four-year full tuition scholarship. Students are asked to submit an essay and interview with the selection board. Two freshmen are selected for this scholarship each year.  The scholarship is renewable if the student maintains an “A” average each year.

Falcon Legacy

The top five incoming freshmen, based on November or December High School Placement Test results, whose parent or parents are Divine Child High School alumni are invited each year to compete for a four-year tuition assistance scholarship equal to $3,000 per year. Students are asked to interview with the selection board. Two freshmen will be selected for this scholarship each year.  The scholarship is renewable if the student maintains an “A” average each year.

Academic Merit

Students whose composite score is between the 90th and 99th percentile on the November or December High School Placement Test and achieve an A- average or higher in school are eligible for merit scholarships.  These awards are $750 – $1,250 and are based on HSPT scores and academic grades from 7th and 8th grades.  Academic scholarships are renewable if a student maintains Honor Roll status, meaning the total value of the scholarships range from $3,000 to $5,000.

Alumni Merit

Divine Child’s Alumni Association awards select students with a $500 award based on grades and November or December High School Placement Test scores. These awards are for freshman year only.

Need-Based Tuition Assistance

Divine Child High School works with the Archdiocese of Detroit to offer grants to incoming Catholic students.  Grants of $800, $950 or $1,100 are offered depending upon a family’s demonstrated need.  Families who are interested in this grant should complete the online financial aid application each year.  The Archdiocese of Detroit notifies families who qualify for the grants in July, and Divine Child High School will apply the grant to your child’s tuition.  This year’s financial aid application deadline was Friday, April 21.