Dear Future Divine Child High School Students and Parents,
The community of Divine Child has been entrusted with a vibrant parish of over 2,200 families, a strong elementary school with 550 students, and an excellent high school with 850 students who go on to make a difference. As a member of the Divine Child High School family, you will play a part in creating a blessed history for the future of the Catholic Church and your community. We sincerely appreciate you considering a Divine Child High School Catholic education.
Our administration, faculty, and staff ensure that our students grow academically, spiritually, athletically, socially and creatively. Many schools can claim that their students receive a great education academically, but few schools can claim to develop well-rounded young men and women in academics, faith, athletics, fine arts, and activities.
- Academically, we offer many different programs for college-bound students. For students who perform exceptionally well, we offer Honors classes starting freshman year, and Advanced Placement courses for college credit beginning sophomore year. We also offer a differentiated learning program for students who need additional academic assistance outside of the classroom. As a parish school, we want to educate as wide of a range of students as possible while ensuring we have the strongest academic programs for all students.
- Spiritually, Divine Child students develop a strong foundation in faith, ethics, and morals which will allow them to positively affect the world in which they live. Through daily theology classes, weekly Eucharistic Adoration, annual retreats, community service, all-school liturgies celebrated twice each month, and daily mass offered before school, our students will grow in their faith and will know how to make the right decisions.
- Athletically, Divine Child offers over 50 teams in 25 sports which allows many of our students to actively participate in their favorite sports. In addition, DC has a rich tradition of championship teams with 38 state championships and over 100 Catholic League championships to our name. Our student-athletes understand what it takes to do their best and to play with class.
- Socially, our students participate in over 30 different clubs and activities. With options ranging from Divine Child TV to Academic Quiz Bowl, and Robotics Club to Culinary Arts Club, we have the clubs and activities to develop student interests outside of the classroom.
- Creatively, we offer one of the largest fine arts programs in the state of Michigan. Our band program, with over 100 participants, has performed in Chicago, Walt Disney World and New York City. Our drama department performs a Fall play and a Spring musical each year, and has participated in the International Fringe Festival six times. Our art department offers many levels of courses in painting, drawing, digital photography, art history and woodworking, and with three art rooms and two indoor kilns, our students learn to create masterpieces.
We encourage your family to visit us during an Open House or during a school tour. Students can also shadow during our Falcon For A Day program by calling Matt Saxer, Director of Admissions, at 313.216.0891 x268.
We pray that the Holy Spirit guides you in your discernment, and we look forward to you and your family becoming a vital part of Divine Child High School. With students from 51 different zip codes and 46 different Catholic parishes throughout the metro area, we are much more than a parish high school… we are the largest Catholic co-ed high school in Michigan. Find out why over 10,000 graduates are proud to call Divine Child High School their alma mater!
Yours in Catholic education,
Rev. Jim Bilot, Pastor and Mr. Eric Haley ’98, Principal